Become an iMentor Partner
Nationally, the average student-to-counselor ratio is 471:1, which disproportionately impacts students in low-income communities.
iMentor has built a scalable, cost-effective solution to the pervasive shortage of college counseling for students from low-income communities. Our Partner Programs brings iMentor’s nationally recognized mentoring model to communities across the country to help young people succeed in college and beyond.
- We will create new partnerships with nonprofits, school districts, charter school networks, mentoring organizations, and community-based collective action teams seeking to launch and strengthen their college-success results for low-income students by adopting iMentor’s model.
- Through these renewable three-year National Partnerships, we will share our curriculum, technology, evaluation, and best practices, and provide ongoing support.
In exchange, we ask our partners to make four commitments:
- Adopt iMentor's research-based model in school-based settings.
- Recruit, screen, train, and support mentors with iMentor's comprehensive resources.
- Hire a staff member to manage each cohort of roughly 100 mentor-mentee pairs.
- Secure the funds to support the partnership over three years, paying for access to iMentor's guidance, tools, and membership in the learning cohort.
Get Started Now: Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until Nov. 1.
iMentor Partner Amy Chionchio, president and CEO of Big Brothers and Big Sisters of Metro Milwaukee, discusses the value of the partnership and how BBBS secured resources for its support.
Step 2: Participate in an exploratory phone call to discuss your post-secondary needs and plans and answer your questions about iMentor’s model and Partner Programs. We can be reached at email@example.com.
The 2016 v. 2017 Cohort: What’s the Difference?
After reviewing final applications in early fall 2015, we will select new partners to join our 2016 cohort. We will also provisionally accept a first round of new partners for our 2017 cohort, launching in fall 2017. This latter group will consist of highly promising candidats that request or need an additional year to prepare to become an iMentor partner. Through a provisional "intent to partner" agreement, the "early selection" 2017 cohort organizations can benefit from early pre-selection and additional launch support that iMentor will offer in spring 2016 through fall 2016, including access to iMentor training and resources for fundraising, school partnership development, and mentor pipeline development.
Background and Application Documents
- About iMentor – In this animated video, iMentor CEO Mike O’Brien talks about how iMentor leverages mentoring to ensure that more students from low-income communities graduate college and reach their full potential.
- Partnership Selection Guide – Please review the full application process before applying. If you are a Big Brothers Big Sisters agency, please refer to this version. All other organizations, click here.
- Applications – Applications will be available April 1 and accepted on a rolling basis until Nov. 1, 2015. If you are a Big Brothers Big Sisters agency, sign up here. All other organizations, sign up here.